Monday, September 12, 2011

Apology for absence, and important news

September 12, 2011

I am sincerely sorry for my absence over the past couple weeks. I just went back to school and it has been really hectic these past couple weeks. As you can see, I've been so busy with school that I have not been able to update the blog, and that fact really frustrates me. I realize that I was never able to write about some important things that happened during my absence, such as potential NLCS preview against the Brewers this past weekend, and the sweep of the Braves. It really frustrates me that I was not able to keep this blog up to date, and keep you in the know while the Phillies magic number continued to shrink (At the time of this writing, they need two games to clinch a playoff birth, and six games to clinch the division). In addition, I'm sure that it frustrated you, the reader, during this time as well. I can't stress enough, how sorry I am about this. I apologize, and I will try my best to not let anything get in the way again.

Now to the other half of the headline....

Like I said, I will try my best to not let anything get in the way again. In order for this to work, I have decided to change my approach to how I post the latest news concerning the Phillies.

I will continue to write about signings, trades, injury updates, and standings the same way I have since this blog's inception. However, game notes and recaps will undergo some changes. Notes and recaps, believe it or not, are the articles that take me the longest to write for various reasons (which I won't go into now). To save time, I will write a short summary for the upcoming game, followed by the links to CSN Philly.com's and Phillies.com's notes for the game notes. For the recaps, I will also write a short summary on how the game played out, followed by links to the full recaps on CSN Philly.com, Phillies.com, and ESPN.com. Now you will have access to the box scores, play-by-plays, and other information that I use to write my articles.

You may have noticed some features that I have added, such as an RSS feed, e-mail alerts, Facebook and Twitter sharing, and links to the team roster and player stats. Also, you may have noticed that pretty nice banner under the blog's name. I'm not done with the extra features just yet. I won't announce them  here, but you'll find out what I have in mind in the near future.

Now, I saved the best for last.  I am happy to announce that I will be creating a new blog under the That Blog label. Next Wednesday, That Flyers Blog will be up and running. Now you can stay up to date on the Philadelphia Flyers at http://thatflyersblog.blogspot.com/.

Once again, I am deeply sorry for my absence.

Please continue to enjoy That Phillies Blog, and now That Flyers Blog.

"Let's go eat."

- Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment